How do you convert an image to monochrome?
For the most common image file types (i.e., jpeg, jpg, png, tiff, psd, and tif), follow these steps.
- Go to Black & White to Color in Photos: Image Converter Tool – Super Tool.
- Upload your image
- Click on the Custom Color swath.
- Select (or type) “black.”
- Download your image.
The result is your image converted to Greyscale. Here’s an example for a PNG file:
If you have a PDF, here’s the process:
- Go to Convert Color PDFs to Black and White – Super Tool
- Upload your PDF
- Select either Pure B&W or Greyscale.
- Adjust the brightness or the threshold for how colors are converted to black.
- Download your PDF
Here’s an example of a color-to-greyscale conversion for a PDF:
Here’s an example of a color-to-pure-black-and-white conversion (monochrome or bi-color):